Sunday, August 2, 2015

problems

Our minds are able to leap ahead across whole arrays of obstacles - apparently there are obstacles - and define desired outcomes without being able to or needing to describe the process by means of which those outcomes will be produced. This action sets up a problem. The desired result is somehow defined, and now, if we had a machine that solves problems, we would ask it to produce that result, or to describe a series of actions by means of which we could produce that result.

I want a machine that will allow me to manufacture custom parts, made of metal, including very small and precise ones, and ranging up to medium size, that is, the size, say, of a typical hand tool.

Agreed, this is quite silly ... Then again, I feel I've been deeply injured by people ... how would I put this ... making decisions based on whether things are silly or not. Life is silly, so that's a good way to end up barely alive. I should wade in.