Sunday, August 2, 2015

47

It is interesting that, when I think about how to make this a reality - how to get that machine - I don't think much about making it, shall we say, from scratch, if I think about that at all. I mean, OK, here I am thinking about it. What would making it from scratch ultimately mean? I would mine and smelt my own metals, in a smelter I built myself, with fuels I collected myself ... In this way I would produce a bar of steel. Using, perhaps, an abrasive stone, I would shape it into a rail, and assorted other parts ... I mean, that just <I>is</I> silly! I'll tell you, though, what else is silly, and that's some superior person - someone with what's called a superior attitude - saying - "sniffing", as it would be described - that thinking about it is silly.

I say these words a lot, especially in my mind: "I want".

I want this. I want that. I want to do this. I want to do that. I want to know this. I want to know that.

This could be symptomatic of something less than ideal.

Then again, is it really good to have regrets? Is it actually helpful to fight your own self, if you quite naturally do a certain thing?