Sunday, August 2, 2015

48

Wanting something, which your mind does for you - it's not something you need to work at - sets up a problem.

A problem is like an invitation to embark on a journey.

It's a question of steps.

I want to deeply explore the history of industry, of engineering, of manufacturing. I won't go into that in more detail here. (And then, where?)

A stray thought is, would it be possible to work at wanting things? To somehow get better at it? I mean, I think that's an interesting question, but I also like the idea that wanting happens by itself, that it's something free, in this expensive reality we inhabit. If you, the reader, are trying to decide what to think, here's my opinion: the free nature of desire might be really important. No, that's wrong. "Important" is a loaded word. What I mean is, it might be really valuable. I don't think we should discount it too quickly.